- Safety will be the highest priority for BLCF, its employees, contractors, and consultants while conducting work for and on behalf of BLCF. In addition, the safety of the public will be paramount within the BLCF tenure area.
- BLCF will pursue opportunities to realize the best return from timber harvesting, provide sufficient revenue to pay for management of the CF and provide a financial return to the Province, shareholders, stakeholders, and the community.
- BLCF, in conducting its communication, planning, operational, and silviculture activities, will seek innovative approaches and solutions to these activities.
- BLCF will strive to continually enhance all forest resources, including timber, wildlife, cultural recreational, aquatic, and aesthetic within the community forest area.
- BLCF, while conducting its activities, will strive to consider and incorporate other forest uses within the community forest area.
- BLCF will incorporate sound science-based information recommendations in its forest management activities.
- The province, First Nations, local governments, stakeholders and the community will be consulted regarding proposed activities within the community forest area.
- Taxes, royalties, rents, disbursements, donations, and other benefits will be distributed to the province, local government, shareholders, stakeholders, and the community from the profits generated from the community forest. Goods, labour, and services will be sourced from the local area to the extent it is available and cost effective to do so.