As per the recent contractor’s community engagement sessions, Burns Lake Community Forest Ltd. is re-establishing a Select List of pre-qualified contractors. Any interested companies must express interest to this select invitation with a detailed submission.
Interested parties will then be invited to participate in subsequent Invitations to Tender for the specific area of expertise identified in your application: professional services, harvesting, silviculture, and forestry consulting contracts during the term from September 30th, 2017, to September 30, 2021, with the option to renew (OTR) each year for a maximum of 3 years.
Must be on the select list to qualify for Tender Opportunities. Requests can be made to the Manager on annual basis to be added to the select list; however, with OTR opportunities potentially lasting up to 3 years, it is strongly advised to express interest to this advertisement.
Pre-qualification mandatory requirements for all contractors are:
- Safe Company Certification**
- Satisfactory completion of a similar contract prior to the pre-qualification deadline, and,
- Contractors must have a postal or physical address, prior to the date of this invitation, within the Lakes Timber Supply Area;
- Or that portion of the Morice Timber Supply Area directly serviced by the Colleymount or Ootsa-Nadina Roads (as identified by the attached map),
- And/or be an individual of First Nation’s descent living in the traditional territories of the Wet’suwet’en within the Lakes Timber Supply Area
- A First Nation’s Contractor located within the Lakes Timber Supply Area.
Inclusion on the Select List will be determined by September 20, 2017. No further advertising will take place.
Submission of an application does not guarantee inclusion on a resulting short list of pre-qualified contractors. Burns Lake Community Forest Ltd. reserves the right to limit the number of pre-qualified contractors invited to compete on a subsequent contract.
Application Forms are available at the Burns Lake Community Forest Ltd. office located at 153 Francois Lake Drive, Burns Lake B.C., Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Harvesting contracts: The work will include, but not be limited to the following activities: road construction, road maintenance, road deactivation, full phase right-of-way and block harvesting, including hauling.
Silviculture contracts: The work will include, but not be limited to the following activities: planting of seedlings, brushing and weeding, juvenile spacing, silviculture surveys, site preparation, and supervision of projects (quality control plots).
Forestry consulting: The work will include, but not be limited to the following activities: road and block layout, site plan data collection, assessments, timber cruising, GPS traversing, mapping and other related activities.
Professional Services: The work will include, but not limited to the following activities: Road & Bridge Site Plan Design, VQO Assessment, Wildlife Assessment, Archeological Data Assessment, LiDAR Analysis, Timber supply review, IT Services.
Applications will be received until the pre-qualification deadline of 4:00 p.m. on September 15, 2017, at 153 Francois Lake Drive, Burns Lake, B.C. or Box 788, Burns Lake, B.C., V0J 1E0.
Submissions must include:
- Company Proof of Safe Certification by BC Forest Safety Council (Note: Professional Services that are deemed out of scope may be exempt from safe certification at the discretion of company.
- Resume(s) of principal(s) or a corporate resume
- List of contracts completed for the last 3 years
- Service Category Selection (Filled out)
- Two references.