Over $179,809 has been donated to our community
this fiscal year starting November 1, 2015!
The Donations Committee will consider donations to individuals or groups that meet the following criteria:
- Local Education:
- Scholarships and bursaries for aboriginal and non-aboriginal students attending the local high school who are going to a recognized post-secondary institution in resource management or environmental science
- Scholarships and bursaries for aboriginal and non-aboriginal students attending the local high school who are going to a trade school
- Service clubs in the local area
- Outdoor recreation in the local area
- Recreation facilities in the local area
- Sporting teams and events in the local area
Small amounts, up to $5000 per request, meeting the donation criteria will be considered by the Donations Committee on an ad hoc first come, first serve basis. The total amount is to derive from 10 per cent of gross profits and to be identified in the annual operating plan for donations as approved by the board.
Larger requests meeting the donation criteria will be financed through the interest earned by company investment funds up to one per cent (1%) of the value of the funds.
Requests should include the name, type of organization or group, name of the primary contact, contact information, and the amount requested followed by a brief description of what the funds are intended to be used for.
While all applications will be considered, requests may be denied or the funding provided differently than requested based on the merits of the proposal and the financial position of CMSL and subsidiary companies.