Board of Directors
The six-member board of directors for Comfor Management Services Ltd. (CMSL) is appointed by the Corporation of the Village of Burns Lake. The Village of Burns Lake holds the shares of CMSL in trust for the community. Of the six seats on the board, one is reserved for each of the following: Office of the Wet’suwet’en Hereditary Chiefs (OWHC), Burns Lake Band, and the Wet’suwet’en First Nation. The chief and council (or office, as is the case of the OWHC) of the First Nations groups select an individual to represent them, and the Village appoints these individuals to the CMSL board. The remaining seats are filled with individuals from the community at large after an invitation for nominations is advertised in the local newspaper.
Comfor Management Services Ltd. appoints directors to the board of Burns Lake Community Forest Ltd. (BLCF) (100% owned by CMSL – six directors)
The Board of Directors holds monthly-consolidated board meetings for all companies and report to the CMSL board on a monthly basis. All companies operate on a consensus basis.
The Current Comfor Management Services Board of Directors
- Crystal Fisher – President – (Member of the Public at Large)
- Tara William – Vice President – (Wet’suwet’en First Nation)
- Johnny Janzen – Secretary – (Member of the Public at Large)
- Lloyd Adams – Director – (Burns Lake Band)
- Jeff Brown – Director – (Office of the Wet’suwet’en Hereditary Chiefs)
- John Illes – Director – (Member of Public at Large)